| Bylaws of the Slave Lake Minor Soccer Association|
The following bylaws were adopted at the meeting of the SLMSA on Sept. 21, 2011:
By-Laws of the Slave Lake Minor Soccer Association
Article 1 Name
The name of this organization shall be the “Slave Lake Minor Soccer Association”, hereinafter referred to as the Association.
Article 2 Affiliation
The Association shall be affiliated with The Northwest Peace Soccer Association, and under the jurisdiction of the Alberta Soccer Association, and shall be subject to the rules and regulations of that body.
Article 3 Organization/Membership
The Association shall be composed of all current members (players, parents and coaches) over the age of 16, and it shall be managed by the Executive members, constituted as stated in these By-Laws.
Article 4 Annual General Meeting
1) The Annual General Meeting of the Association shall normally be held in February.
2) At least three weeks public notice shall be given, and an effort will be made to reach all members by email.
Article 5 Quorum
A two-third 2/3 majority of the current Executive members shall form a quorum at all General Meetings.
Article 6 Voting
1) Any interested person over the age of 16 may vote at the association’s meetings.
2) The president may not vote, unless it is to break a tie vote.
3) At all meetings of the Association, voting shall be by a show of hands unless a vote by ballot is requested and approved by a majority of the members. Decisions shall be reached by a simple majority.
Article 7 Executive Members
1) The Executive members shall serve without pay and consist of at least 6 members.
2) Any interested person over the age of sixteen can serve on the Executive.
3) Executive members shall serve until the next AGM, at which time all positions will be reviewed.
Article 8 Members of the Executive
1) The members of the Executive shall consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and various coordinators as required.
2) The members of the Executive shall be voted in by majority vote at the annual general meeting.
3a) The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association. He/She shall be an ex-officio member of all committees.
3b) The Vice-President shall assume the duties of the President in case of the President’s absence.
3c) The Secretary shall be responsible for the Minutes of the Executive, keep all approved minutes in a minute book or electronic file, and send out minutes to all.
3d) The Treasurer shall keep record of the organization’s budget and prepare financial reports as needed.
Article 9 Conflict of Interest
1) Any member of the Executive who has a financial, personal, or official interest in, or conflict (or appearance of a conflict) with any matter pending before the Executive, of such nature that it prevents or may prevent that member from acting on the matter in an impartial manner, will offer to the Executive to voluntarily excuse him/herself, and will vacate his/her seat and refrain from discussion and on voting on said item.
Article 10 Fiscal Policies
1) The fiscal year of the board shall be January 1 to December 31of each year.
Article 11 Amendments
1) These by-laws may be amended by a two-third vote of Executive members present at any meeting, provided a quorum is present and provided a copy of the proposed amendment (s) are provided to each Executive member at least one week prior to said meeting.
Created by: Nick Williams -- Last updated:Feb 21, 2012